"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain" ~ Vivian Greenevia

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Trying to Find an Answer

“Go to bed and don’t worry about today. It won’t be there tomorrow”
~ LuAnn Sawatzky

Have you ever had one of those days where it just seemed like you couldn’t get anything to go your way? I think that’s how my day went today. It seemed like it was just one thing after another. It started right away this morning. I had a little bit of a longer drive than normal, and I haven’t really been sleeping well. I fell asleep while driving. That’s always a scary feeling. I cranked the radio up, rolled the windows down and went along my way. The uncertainty of the day didn’t end there. That feeling I got when I realized I had been sleeping while driving kind of stuck with me throughout the day.

On top of that sick feeling in my stomach that was already there from the feeling of being out of control; I ate at a gas station. Stupid, right? Extremely. It definitely added to that feeling in my stomach that was already there. Then came the rest of my day; issue after issue that needed to be taken care of. My car broke, bad news via email (three times), a visit to the doctor (yuck, right) with some decisions left to be made and the feeling as though there is no one to talk to them about. Particulars aren’t necessarily blog worthy, but they definitely took their toll on my emotions.

So, what do I do? Who do I talk to about this type of day? Normally, it would be my mom. I can’t do that now, though, can I? Who does that leave? These are the days that I feel as though that hole in my heart that I feel every day will never be filled, will never go away, and I will never be me again. All I can do is try and find the positives and think about what my mom would say.

The most positive thing I can think about in this situation is the fact that I was close enough to my mom to be able to know what she would tell me in a situation like this. I can hear it clear as a bell, “Go to bed and don’t worry about today. It won’t be there tomorrow.” I’m thankful to have had all of the conversations I had with my mom; to learn from her and have a different take on the world and who I am. Thank you mom. I will try not to worry about today, and will try to remember all of the things that could be coming my way tomorrow (Don't pay attention to the garland and penguin -- she was very intelligent).

LESSON LEARNED: Listen to your mom – she usually knows best; and try not to worry about today. It definitely won’t be there tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment