"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain" ~ Vivian Greenevia

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Frustration Making Me See Colors

Frustrations...
The past few weeks have been filled with several frustrations. I am not sure if it was the stress of the holidays season making these frustrations more prominent, or if there are just more frustrating things happening. There seems to be one person in particular that tends to envoke the most frustration from me these past few weeks, and I'm not really 100% sure why this is happening. It's never really happened before, and the behaviors and attitude have been the same for a long time. The other thing that is mind boggling, is this person is really actually quite insignificant in my life. I don't consider them a friend. They are not a part of my family. I don't even have to see them every day. Worst of all, I don't even have to talk to them every day. Yet, this one person has been the source of extreme frustration.

So, in the past couple of days, I have been thinking more and more about why this is. Why is this person causing me so much frustration? Why is this person causing me so much stress? They shouldn't...I should be able to walk away and brush it off, but I just can't. I try, and I get even more frustrated because they do even more frustrating things....

Reality Hits
The truth of the matter is, I've done too much for too many people for far too long. I'm being taken advantage of. This is what is the most frustrating. I have always tried my hardest to do my best at everything. Be the best friend I could be. Be the best daughter I could be. Be the best employee I could be. Just be the best...This has led to me taking too much upon myself. I've done too much for too many people. I don't think it's going to happen any more. I'm going to continue to do what I need to do to the best of my ability, but I'm not going to sacrifice huge things in order to make life easy for these insignificant people.

Don't get me wrong. There are people in this world that I would (and will continue) to do anything for. But there are people that I do not need to be doing this for. As I stated in a previous post, I'm tired of flying down the freeway at 70 miles per hour. It's time to slow down and enjoy my life. It's time to give those most important people in my life the time and support and love they deserve.

Today's goal: Cut down the frustrations. Look past them. Let the frustrating situations and statements bounce off my ear. When it happens, eat a piece of chocolate and just forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment