"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain" ~ Vivian Greenevia

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Trying To Get Through The Day...

Do you ever have one of those days that you just don't want to get out of bed? Today was one of those days. I just did not want to get up and face the world today. It's not been a pretty world for me for the most part for the last week or so. It's been one of the craziest weeks with ridiculous things happening. If I stay in bed all day, nothing bad can happen, right?

It all started with a bad weekend. I spent it frustrated about a situation that's been brewing for weeks. Every day of the past week has increased my frustration more and more. I just want it to go away. I just want to try and figure out the best way to handle this situation so that I do not continue to freak out about this. But I don't know how to do it....So, I just try and make it through the day.

Wednesday, someone stole my purse. Yup. My purse was stolen. Why me? Really? Eventually, I did get it back, however, it was missing some stuff I would much rather still have. Such as my cash, my debit card, my medications. How does this happen? I don't know, so I just try and make it through the day.

The last couple of days, I've had several people make me feel quite crappy about myself. Made me feel like I wasn't a good enough friend, like I was lying to them, like I wasn't adequate. I don't know how to deal with this. I don't even know how to write a good blog about this stuff. It's just really bothering me.

Solution...
I've decided that I am going to deal with these situations. I cannot wake up every morning feeling like I don't want to get out of bed. Worrying about what might be said to upset me today. The first situation will probably be the toughest, but it's been long-standing, and it needs to be handled. I'm going to tell someone about the frustration and anxiety they've been causing me for years. I also decided that I am going to talk to above mentioned people about how their words have affected me. There may even be a few that I may not talk to anymore. Who really knows.

The biggest thing that I have decided is to do my best to get up each morning and find something to look forward to, instead of dreading getting up and dreading the day. I want to live each day to the fullest instead of just trying to get through the day.

Sorry for the unorganized, rambling blog. I couldn't find the right words to articulate this issue...I couldn't figure out what exactly I needed to say. But, having said that, I feel better after rambling for a few minutes in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment